Southeast Asia’s food delivery sector endured strong headwinds in 2022, as offline reopened, and investors demanded profitability. The sector YoY GMV growth in 2022 was a modest 5% (to US$16.3 billion).
To better understand the current landscape in the region, we are unveiling Momentum Work’s 3rd annual Food Delivery Platforms in Southeast Asia report.
Some key topics discussed include:
- Total food delivery platform GMV in Southeast Asia grew at a modest 5% year on year, reaching US$16.3 billion
- Smaller markets grew while larger ones contracted; Grab extended market share leadership
- In the tough capital environment, cash is king
- Profitability is decidedly the top focus for most players
- Revenue expansion: advertising, subscription and increasingly restaurant solutions
If you’re curious to know about Momentum Works and how we can help you, reach out to us at [email protected].