Less than a year after establishing itself in Spain, France and Poland during the pandemic, Shopee withdrew from the Spanish and French markets – leaving it standing only in Poland.
However, does Shopee stand a chance in Poland, the fulfillment hub of Europe? It faces intense competition in Poland’s US$22.4b ecommerce market, including from players such as Amazon, AliExpress and publicly listed homegrown champion Allegro.
We deep dive into the ecommerce market in Poland and Europe – the dynamics, strategies, intensifying competition, and the role of Shopee in the ecosystem. This report explores:
- Where does Shopee fit in with the Polish and European ecommerce landscape?
- What is the ecommerce ecosystem in Europe – from logistics to payments and competition?
- Can Shopee be a real competitor to Allegro?
- Shopee largely copied its Southeast Asia playbook to Europe – But does the same flywheel spin in Poland?
- What is the future of Shopee in Poland – Will it turn out differently than Shopee in France and Spain?
We cover these and other questions in our new Momentum Works’ report, “Shopee in Poland: The ecommerce hub of Europe”.
List of contents:
- Ecommerce in Poland
- Main marketplaces
- Springboard for Europe
- Conclusions & perspectives
Players featured: Allegro, AliExpress, Amazon, OLX, Vinted, Empik, Pyszne.pl, InPost, DPD, Pocztex, DHL, GLS, Blik, PayU, and more.